Candles and OHLC bars are how 99% of traders display there charts. As a beginner, I felt OHLC bars were easier to see and understand. Today, I use candlesticks because I believe it tells the story more accurately.
- Price engulfs the high and low of previous day range
- Price finds buying volume after price drops and breaks previous day high
- Sustained move upward or trend change
- Support is sharply rejected
- Price moves lower, but finds buying volume
- Bulls took control toward the close
- The following day, strong bullish candle was formed showing momentum continuation